Honest Routes provides guided tours, travel services, and other related services and personnel (collectively, the “Services”). IF YOU ARE PURCHASING OR USING OUR SERVICES IN ANY WAY, PLEASE READ OUR TERMS OF SERVICE FOR DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR LEGAL OBLIGATIONS.
After reading this Policy, if you have additional questions or would like further information, please contact us at email@example.com.
2. Personal Data
As further explained below, we collect and process personal data only for lawful reasons, such as when the processing is necessary to perform a contract (for example, to provide a guided tour or make a payment to a service provider), our legitimate business interests, such as improving, personalizing, marketing, and developing the Services and promoting safety and security, or where required, obtaining your consent.
Information You Provide to Us
You may provide information about yourself if you sign up for an account, engage with us to provide your services, place an order for Services, complete any online forms (such as registration forms, competitions, and surveys), opt in to receive our newsletters and special offers, enter a competition or promotion, or correspond with us (by email, telephone, or otherwise).
The information you voluntarily provide may include your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, gender, purchase information, shopping preferences, images, financial information (including your credit or debit card details, which are stored by our payment processors), and other information that you decide to provide at your option.
In certain cases, you may provide your health data that may be relevant to a tour, such as allergy or mobility information.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may receive information about you from other sources, such as from your social media accounts or other websites, including data brokers, social media providers like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, advertising networks and analytics partners, and payment and delivery service providers.
We may supplement the data you provide to us with data from data append services such as public or social graph data in order to better serve you with content or promotions. We will append this data to our existing customer account information. This information can be associated with your personal information such as name, email, address, physical address, IP address, or phone number.
In sum, we use data collected from you and third parties to:
- Provide, Improve, and Maintain the Services: We use the data you provide to set up your account; provide, improve, and customize the Services; receive or make payments; and communicate with you about your account and the Services.
- Market and Promote the Services: We may use your information to market and promote our Services. You may opt-out of marketing communications at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the “Unsubscribe” button in the applicable communication.
- Protect You and the Services: We use the information we collect to promote the safety and security of the Services, our clients, and other parties. For example, we may use personal information to authenticate users, facilitate secure payments, protect against fraud and abuse, respond to a legal request or claim, conduct audits, or enforce our Terms of Service or other terms and policies that may be in effect.
Information We Collect Automatically
We collect certain information via cookies and similar automated means when you use the Services and visit our website, some of which may be personal data. Cookies and similar technologies do not gather your unique personal data, like name, date of birth, gender, or email. Rather, the information collected by cookies and other automated means is generally about your devices, such as type of device, settings, frequency of usage, search history, IP address, browser used, operating system and settings, access times, and referring URL. This data may be collected by or shared with our third-party analytics and advertising partners.
In sum, we use data collected automatically from your devices for the following purposes:
Honest Routes and its analytics and advertising partners and service providers use the automatically collected data described above to provide, advertise, and improve the Services, including to:
- keep track of your preferences and account information,
- customize Services and content,
- measure promotional effectiveness,
- place our advertisements on other websites,
- provide interest-based advertising,
- estimate your general location and time zone, and
- secure your account
3. How we share your information
Honest Routes does not sell, rent, or lease your personal data to third parties or share personal data with third parties for their own marketing purposes. We only share your personal data with the following types of third parties for the sole purpose of providing, improving, promoting, and securing the Services:
- IT service providers to store and secure your personal data
- Customer resource management (CRM) tools to internally manage our customer base
- E-mail and communications processors so we can communicate with you about and market the Services
- Payment processors to collect your fees and process payments
- Contracted tour guides to conduct your tours
- Travel agents to arrange your travel plans
- Our affiliates and other professionals to provide and protect the Services
- Analytics and measurement partners to help us improve, customize, and promote the Services
- Advertising partners to place our ads on websites you visit and manage our web advertising campaigns
We also may share your information as required by law, to investigate potential illegal activities or violations of our Terms of Service or other agreements, to protect the security of our Services and users, or as a result of a merger, acquisition, or assignment with a third party.
4. Controlling your account and your rights
Depending on your location, you may have certain legal rights regarding your personal data, including:
- You may request access to your personal data and obtain information about our processing of your personal data, with whom we share your personal data, and your rights.
- You may request that we restrict our processing of your personal data.
- You may object to our processing of your personal data.
- If we process personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent.
- You may correct personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You may request that we delete your personal data or provide a copy of it to you.
We may request proof of your identity before acting upon any request. To submit a question or concern about your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
5. How we protect and store your information
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to protect against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the personal data that we collect from you. We restrict access to personal data collected about you to our employees, contractors, and certain third-party service providers as discussed above. Please note, however, that no website or storage mechanism can guarantee 100% security.
Generally, we store your personal data for as long as required to provide the Services to you, and when you cancel your account, we take reasonable steps to delete your personal data within a reasonable period of time. Sometimes, we may retain your information for a period of time after account cancellation to allow you to efficiently reinstate your account, if you so choose. We also may retain certain personal data after you cancel your account to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention, and for our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations. Where we retain data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
Our Services are intended for individuals 16 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16, unless such data is provided by the child’s parent or guardian. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under 16, we will take reasonable steps to contact the parents or guardians or delete such information. Parents or guardians who believe that their child has submitted personal information to us and would like to have it deleted should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. International Transfers
8. Links to other websites
We may provide links to other websites as a service to you or in order to provide you additional venues in which you can leverage or share the opportunities of the Services. Please be aware that we have no affiliation with these other parties, and cannot control and are not responsible for their information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Please review and understand their privacy practices and policies, if any, before providing any personal data to them or using any of their services. We are not responsible for the content or information of these third-party sites, any products or services that may be offered through them, or any other use of the sites.
10. Contact us
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this Policy or our practices please feel free to write to us at:
Cigarra Foliona, Lda.
Attn: Honest Routes Team
Rua Washington – 19 – 1º
1170-392 Lisboa, PORTUGAL